A Red Circle’s Education Advocacy Coalition meets monthly in an effort to improve educational outcomes for North County’s students. The school districts on which we focus are Normandy, Jennings, Ferguson-Florissant, Hazelwood, and Riverview Gardens. The meetings occur online and include education professionals from all walks of life.
A Red Circle’s Education Advocacy Coalition’s has three committees:
- School Discipline/RJ/Social Emotional Learning;
- Equitable School Funding; and
- IEP Support and SSD in North County.
The 2022 Meeting Schedule is:
All meetings are at 10 a.m.
A Red Circle’s virtual platform is through Microsoft Teams. We hope to resume in person meetings so stay tuned.
If you are interested in joining the coalition, complete the form below:
A Red Circle’s Student Advocates for Education program (SAFE) provides tutoring, mentoring, and connection to educational resources. Our education work seeks to reduce the high levels of suspension for Black students in North County schools, taking a holistic approach to engage with students, families, and educational institutions.
- employ college students and trainees to support elementary students with resources, tutoring, and mentoring,
- provide more specialized services from professionals,
- support parents through the IEP process, and
- supply families with basic needs.